Tuesday, January 20, 2009

holiday update

Not much to say this post, but I do have some pictures of the last month (and then some....)

Our tree
Baking day! We made lots of yummy treats this day. This is haven and I making buckeyes. (Haven helped me make buckeyes, sugar cookies and truffles- such a good helper!)
more buckeyes!

Kimberly, Haven and I... yay for truffles!

the next day I made marshmellows- if you have never done this before you should! it's fun!

my left over mallows...

the finished product! I used cute small christmas cookie cutters.

We had a turkey dinner on christmas night- this is Rands yummy turkey

We decided to finally hang our tv above the fireplace- what do you think?!

I got a sewing machine for christmas and decided to make a quilt. It has all of my favorite colors: brown, orange, blue, green, red, etc. It is really busy and kind of ugly, but I totally love it! p.s. quilts are expensive to make!

This is the back I decided on. It might be the binding too, not sure yet.


7 comments:

The Larsen Life said...

i love your quilt!!! I want to learn how to sew period. So cute. Also, next christmas we're gonna have to come to your house for treats...i just suddenly got the biggest sweet tooth looking at your pics.

Johansen Family said...

Hooray for new pictures!! I will have to get some of them from you!

Jennifer said...

Lots of fun stuff, Hill! The quilt looks great.

Jill said...

I love the quilt - especially the colors!

Hansing Family said...

The quilt looks great!!! I can't wait to see it completely finished!

Bree D. said...

You are so ambitious!! Making a quilt for your first sewing project- I will just call you Martha Hill from now on!! Love the Marshmallows- how fun are those!!! My girls wished they were there to help you eat them!!

Amber said...

First of all, the candy looks and sounds AMAZING!!! Wish I could have partook... Next, I really love that quilt of yours. The colors are beautiful together, I especially love the brown in it. And last, I second the fact that quilts are expensive to make!! The one I made for Trace cost a fortune!! But it's so warm and he loves it and you can't really put a price on that. Miss you!!!