I have to post this little creature because it is so random where we found it! The other day I was outside checking on my struggling rose bushes and found several quarter sized holes in the dirt. One of them looked like it had something in it! I immediately thought it was a snake (because we found one of those the other day too...). I had rand come over to see, and he got the shovel and dug it out. It was a little crawdad(sp?). I would guess we have more of these baby lobsters (Rand hates that I call them that) because we have seen several other holes throughout our lawn. How random is that??? Crazy, I had no idea they lived underground. I'm so glad it wasn't a snake! 
This is our version of the "topsy turvy" tomato plant grower thingy! Rand has been watching those infomercials for months and one day decided that he could totally make that! I of course told him it was a good idea, but thought it would look extremely trashy to have buckets hanging from our deck, but it actually doesn't look that bad. We also decided to put strawberries on the top. What do you think?We started out with two buckets, but after replanting a tomato plant in one bucket three times only to have them all die, we decided to take it down. This was taken a little over a week ago...
and this is today... I forgot to take a picture of the tomatoes up close, but they are getting big! I can't wait until they are ready!

and of course one of Chloe aka the devil. (this picture is for Kimberly, I know you miss her!) She was just chillin in the grass so I thought I would take a picture. She spends much of her time outside these days. Hopefully one day she will get along with people and other cats!

and last, here is our flower bed. I get so excited to plant new flowers each year! Most of our annuals came back and are much bigger this year, but some didn't...I can't wait until all the plants get big in a few months. Also can I just say how uncomfortable it is to weed these days! Not being able to bend over and having heartburn doesn't not make for comfortable weeding.
This is our version of the "topsy turvy" tomato plant grower thingy! Rand has been watching those infomercials for months and one day decided that he could totally make that! I of course told him it was a good idea, but thought it would look extremely trashy to have buckets hanging from our deck, but it actually doesn't look that bad. We also decided to put strawberries on the top. What do you think?We started out with two buckets, but after replanting a tomato plant in one bucket three times only to have them all die, we decided to take it down. This was taken a little over a week ago...
and of course one of Chloe aka the devil. (this picture is for Kimberly, I know you miss her!) She was just chillin in the grass so I thought I would take a picture. She spends much of her time outside these days. Hopefully one day she will get along with people and other cats!
and last, here is our flower bed. I get so excited to plant new flowers each year! Most of our annuals came back and are much bigger this year, but some didn't...I can't wait until all the plants get big in a few months. Also can I just say how uncomfortable it is to weed these days! Not being able to bend over and having heartburn doesn't not make for comfortable weeding.
8 comments:
I think you are a very cute pregnant woman, and i think that animal you found is very creepy looking. And it is all down hill from here, so do not worry.
I am glad to see baby "A" growing!!! You look very cute! Miss you guys tons!
You make an extremely cute pregnant lady, just as I always knew you would! I wish we could see you in person, though! Pictures aren't the same, but I'm at least grateful that we get those! Before you know it, she'll be here! It's been an exciting week of babies here, for sure, and you're next! Hooray! We're so happy for you guys!
You look smashingly well for being pregnant- I think I could just kick you!!! HA HA!! Your yard is looking good with all the flowers and very creative on the hanging tomato plants. I have seen that infomercial as well and thought they were pretty cool, but I don't have anywhere to hang them. OH, and keep enjoying your weird Midwest creatures!!!!
Your yard looks fabulous! I love the bucket idea. My neighbors behind me have the upside down things and they do pretty well. Keep posting lots of pictures
Just found your blog, Hillary! You look SO cute! Congrats on the single digits :)
What a beautiful flower bed! I am very glad that you posted a full body picture this time instead of cutting off your head. You are starting to look pregnant! I love that about you. The bending over only gets worse. Pretty soon you'll have to have help to put on your underware cause you won't be able to lift your knees very high to get your foot in the hole! Just a tip. Love you.
So I have been meaning to tell you forever that I LOVE the fabric you chose for your baby. That is exactly what I was looking at before we knew what we were having. Cute stuff! You look great too. Don't worry, the time will go fast enough and then she will be here. We miss you too. We need to make a trip out east!
Post a Comment