We still have a few projects left, but I finally feel like the room is coming together! I no longer feel the need to keep the door shut! Next up I will be redoing our dresser. Yes I said I. That is going to be MY project. We already have the hardware purchased, I just need to sand it down and paint it white :) Wish me luck!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
DIY Nightstands
Our nightstands have been finished for about a month now...I know, I know I am a big time blogging slacker these days! They were really quick and easy, and probably could have been mostly finished in a day or two. We however didn't dedicate that much time and they took about a week. I actually shouldn't say WE, because Rand did all of the building himself. Don't worry, I did help... I painted and lacquered. Oh, and sanded (a little) :) It was rough... We had some of left over wood, paint, and lacquer from the headboard, so we didn't quite have to buy everything for this project. Here are a few pictures of the progress:
We are unsure of the exact cost for the two of these, but we think it's somewhere around $50. Not bad huh! We need to get some fun lamps to put on them. I would love to find some old vintage lamps to redo.
We still have a few projects left, but I finally feel like the room is coming together! I no longer feel the need to keep the door shut! Next up I will be redoing our dresser. Yes I said I. That is going to be MY project. We already have the hardware purchased, I just need to sand it down and paint it white :) Wish me luck!
We still have a few projects left, but I finally feel like the room is coming together! I no longer feel the need to keep the door shut! Next up I will be redoing our dresser. Yes I said I. That is going to be MY project. We already have the hardware purchased, I just need to sand it down and paint it white :) Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh it looks great!! :) You two are very talented!
they turned out great:) and dinner was nothing short of scrumptious tonight...THANKS!!
{ps...yes I did just say scrumptious} haha.
Awesome! I have a link for an amazing lamp redo. I am going to do it too... eventually. Seems pretty easy! http://www.justagirlblog.com/2011/02/anthropologie-lampshade.html You should do it first and tell me how it goes. You two are obviously much more talented than us!
Oh my, you two have such a talent!!!! I LOVE them, they look so nice next to your bed. Good work!!!
Post a Comment