Thursday, January 17, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a great Christmas again this year!  I love that Avery is now old enough to understand and really get into it, it makes it so much more fun.  This year she really loved all the houses that decorated with lights.  We took her out a few times to look at some really fun neighborhoods.  It cracked me up that all you could hear from the back seat was  "wow!  wook at that one!"  Then of course every time we had to go somewhere at night, she had to come so she could see the lights.  Now that Christmas is over, she still wants to see the lights outside :)
Christmas Eve we had a few friends over for dinner and did dinner and a white elephant game.  It was totaly fun as always.  This year we decided to have each couple bring a $10 regular gift and one gag gift.  I thought for sure we would end up with at least one good gift...but we ended up with used batteries and a recorder (whistle) and handcuffs!  It wasn't a total loss because Avery loves that whistle :) 
Then of course the kids get to wear their new christmas jammies

Christmas morning Avery woke up at 7:30 as always and we opened presents.  We didn't take many pictures because we used the video camera the entire time.  It is way too long to post here, so here are the pictures that we did take


Avery's favorite gift is her "phone".  We got a great deal on a used IPod touch for her on Ebay.  She loves playing on our phones, and I was sick of my screen always being all sticky.  We thought about getting her a leap pad or something like that, but it made more sense to get her the IPod instead so we can just down load free apps instead of paying for individual games.  She also got lots of new games/puzzles.  The cookie set is something that her therapist used when she was in therapy and I just think it is adorable.  When I saw it at the store I knew she had to have it! 
I have no pictures of Beckett's gifts! Other than the one above of his activity gym mat thingy :) But I can tell you that he loves his new toys!

 We also meant to make a Christmas card to send out...and... that never happened!  So here is our family picture anyway!  Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Randy said...

Great family photo! That Beck is a cute little guy. It is fun to see what you guys are up to!

April said...

Cute family picture! Gma Brown need one for the wall! Including one of Beckett! Love your new goal of a pic every day & post on the blog!!!

Jaime said...

man hilary, you are such a babe!

cute family!