Wow, I have really been slacking! Sorry! I am blaming the fact that it is now summer, and we are outside all the time :) Well, I really don't have much to blog about the past two weeks...other than the pool. Which I don't have many pictures of.
We got a swim pass this year, and we intend to take full advantage of it! We go to the pool with friends every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
We got a swim pass this year, and we intend to take full advantage of it! We go to the pool with friends every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
This was our first outing. Avery was beyond excited to finally go swimming. Beckett on the other hand, hated it. The first two times we went, the water was way cold, so he just screamed the entire time.
He still doesn't love it, but will play with toys and splash for about 20 minutes...then he is done. I just hold him until he falls asleep. It is a good thing that Avery is old enough to play with her friends by herself so that I can hold him :) This picture makes me laugh- I love that Beckett is basically covered head to toe and his buddy is only in shorts! My poor fair skinned kids!
Avery and Presli frequently take breaks to have a snack and lay out. Life is rough :)
When we are not at the pool, we are probably getting wet in the back yard. Avery loves the sprinkler under the trampoline.
We have made home made ice cream in a bag a few times. It's fast and easy! You should try it. Found the recipe on Pinterest.
Wednesday mornings we still go to story time. Last week they learned about washing hands. After they read a story about germ monsters,the kids all put a special lotion on their hands and got to look at it under a black light. If you have never done this before, it glows. Then they washed their hands the correct way and got to put their hands back under the light to see how clean they were. Avery thought it was the coolest thing!
Beckett decided that he likes graham crackers last week... and can't get enough!
Avery has developed her own sense of style. I rarely let her dress herself, but I decided to let her one day after we got back from the pool... I love that her outfits always have to include glasses and a necklace!
Yesterday was Fathers Day.
Avery made this in Primary. I love her answers!
Rand is an awesome Dad. His kids adore him. As much as I hate to admit it...but Rand could get the best laughs out of Beckett way before I could! Avery loves jumping all over him and he doesn't mind. She calls him Daddy-O. It cracks me up when she says, "Where's Daddy-O?" or "Lets go Daddy-O!" We love you Daddy-O and appreciate everything you do for us!
I also have to give a shout out to my Dad. I have an awesome dad that has taught me so much. He has always been such a good example to me. I wish we were able to see him more. I want him to know that I appreciate everything he has done for me, I love you Dad!
My family will appreciate this... I actually signed up for a 5K that is this Saturday! Crazy, I know! I love working out, but I have never been a "runner". I like running occasionally, but I've never run very far with out stopping a million times. A few months ago my friend mentioned that she wanted to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run.

So I looked it up and immediately wanted to do it! Once I signed up, I started running more just to make sure that I can actually finish! I'm proud to say that I can run (a fairly hilly) 3 miles straight with out stopping in about 27 minutes. Not too bad right? This is the perfect 5K for me because it is totally just for fun. The best part is...it's not even timed! You can dress up as a team and go through obstacles in the mud. Should be hilarious! I'm way excited. Wish me luck!
Avery made this in Primary. I love her answers!
Rand is an awesome Dad. His kids adore him. As much as I hate to admit it...but Rand could get the best laughs out of Beckett way before I could! Avery loves jumping all over him and he doesn't mind. She calls him Daddy-O. It cracks me up when she says, "Where's Daddy-O?" or "Lets go Daddy-O!" We love you Daddy-O and appreciate everything you do for us!
I also have to give a shout out to my Dad. I have an awesome dad that has taught me so much. He has always been such a good example to me. I wish we were able to see him more. I want him to know that I appreciate everything he has done for me, I love you Dad!
My family will appreciate this... I actually signed up for a 5K that is this Saturday! Crazy, I know! I love working out, but I have never been a "runner". I like running occasionally, but I've never run very far with out stopping a million times. A few months ago my friend mentioned that she wanted to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run.

So I looked it up and immediately wanted to do it! Once I signed up, I started running more just to make sure that I can actually finish! I'm proud to say that I can run (a fairly hilly) 3 miles straight with out stopping in about 27 minutes. Not too bad right? This is the perfect 5K for me because it is totally just for fun. The best part is...it's not even timed! You can dress up as a team and go through obstacles in the mud. Should be hilarious! I'm way excited. Wish me luck!









No comments:
Post a Comment