Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 22 Dirty Girl 5K Mud Run!

Get ready for picture overload!
Let me just start by saying that I am SO happy I did this!  It was seriously one of the funnest things I have ever done.  No Joke.  I have awesome friends...and we were laughing the entire time!

The Mighty Momma's group shots...
 
 
 Getting pumped up before the race...we are not immature at all!
 

 

 

 We were scheduled to race at 10:30.   We ended up sneaking into the 10:00 wave cause we were bored...rebels!
Our husbands and kids were able to follow along the route and take pictures which was fun.  Rand was only able to take pictures of the first few obstacles and the last few.  I wish we had more pictures of the funny obstacles.   My favorite was the massive blow up slide.  We all held hands and went down together landing in a mud bath!
This is the first mud pit we had to go through.  Totally smelt like poop!

talk about slippery!
Best part about being covered in mud...looking like we are all short-less!
 worst part about being covered in mud...not being able to touch/wipe off your face!


 This is what my kids did while I was getting down and dirty...

 Almost done!  Sara hurt her arm a few days before the race, and had to wear a sling...but she was a champ and did it anyway!  She had to bypass most of the obstacles, but we made sure to share the love and get her muddy.
 Finished!  Woot Woot!
 Victory dance




 We all piled into a tent to "hose" off the best we could before changing back into clean clothes.  We all headed to Dave and Busters for lunch after.
We arrived home with just enough time to get showered and get together again to play bunco!  I have to give a shout out to our awesome husbands that took care of the kids all day so we could play!  Seriously!  You are all awesome!  Bunco was a blast as usual.  Those of us that ran decided to wear our souvenir shirts and necklaces.  Again, we felt it necessary to act like teenagers :)

Thanks girls for such a fun day that I will never forget!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That looks really fun Hillary! Way to go!