Well, there isn't a whole lot to say about today. It was one of those days that just comes and goes and that is it. In fact, I don't think I did anything...besides work. I don't think I could have been more lazy! But you know what? Sometimes that is exactly what I need. Normally I get up early and go to work. When I get home around 4:45 I change into my work out get-up and get my turbo jam thang on in my basement for an hour. When I am finished stretching, I take a shower and eat dinner (which usually consists of a salad or wrap, etc.). By this time it is usually around 7:00 or 8:00 so we watch a recorded show (or read my book) and call it a night. Doesn't sound like a lot, but I am usually busy up until bed time.
But today was totally opposite. I went to work as usual and got home around 5:10. I wasn't really tired or anything, but I talked myself out of my work out and decided to read. I have been reading a series recommended to me by my friend Maegan. They are by Stephanie Meyer- the first one is called Twilight, the second one is called New Moon (which is the one I am on) and the third one not out yet is called Eclipse. These are young adult books so they are a way easy read, but totally good! I didn't think I would be interested in fantasy books about vampires, but holy shiz- I can't put them down. So if you are looking for something fun to read, I highly recommend them. Anyway, so after reading a few minutes Rand walks in and decides that he is going to make the best ribs ever (seriously... that is what he said). Side note: We have the missionaries over once a month for dinner. We always make a really good dinner- you know, not something we would eat every day. These poor guys probably get a lot of the same stuff, so we try to mix it up a little. Well, the word is out that Rand and I make good food (well...mostly Rand), so some of our friends are trying to compete. It makes me laugh. So we bought some pork ribs to test out as an option for the missionaries this Sunday.
Well, as Rand is preparing the ribs for the grill, I fell asleep on the floor for about 40 minutes. That's right, I was lazy enough to just tip over on the floor and sleep! The ribs took about two hours to cook and the result was amazing. I don't like meat much, and even though the texture was a little weird, they tasted great. So Rand was pumped to have made the best ribs ever...actually I am pretty sure he said in the entire world! After cleaning up, I still don't want to do anything and that I why I am sitting at the computer typing instead of being productive.
So that was my day... I still need to take a shower and wash my hair, and I really don't want to...but I am looking pretty mangy right now so I had better.
6 comments:
sounds like my dream day!!! I have been hearing about those books from my roommate robyn, she thinks they are fantastic also, maybe I should give them a try! I am very jealous of your ribs, you know that I love them. Send me the recipe!!
sorry I posted that comment twice, hee, hee, hee!!
Lazy days are the best! I try to have one every once in a while. Hard to do though with 2 little girls that demand your attention.
I love your picture! Good job to whoever took it.
Yes, your picture is cute. I'm always on the lookout for good books to read, and I've never heard of these, so thanks for the heads up! I'm not usually a fan of ribs, but Brandon, is, so send me the recipe, too! And congrats to Rand for making "the best ribs ever." We're all so proud.
Post a Comment