Friday, August 17, 2007

new purchases

Here are the new things we bought the other day. Jenn wanted to see them so here they are!

This is a cool mirror we added to our bedroom. I wasn't sure if it would look very good, but it matched perfect! It's cool huh?
This is obviously the kitchen. It took us forever to decide what to put on that wall because it is so big. So this is what we decided on (thank you Pier 1 sales!) but it needs some companions. Any ideas what we could put on either side so it doesn't look so funny?

4 comments:

Tristan said...

Cute house! Love that mirror! I am not good at interior decorating, so I have no suggestions for you. My taste is more modern contemporary...so I would do something very simple.

Bree D. said...

Cute stuff! As far as your big wall goes, I think I would either put up two sconces(sp?), one on each side of the iron piece. Or maybe a slim skinny shelf on each side. Just some ideas! How is the digital scrappin going? Make sure that when you add your photo's to a new layout you have the resolution set at 300 pixle/inch or you won't be able to upload the layouts to be printed. Also make sure that you save them twice, once as a .psd(so that you can go back and edit them) and then your final copy as a JPEG(to upload and print). Call me if you have any questions!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the mirror--it does match perfectly! And, I LOVE the color of your kitchen. I'm a big fan of color, though. Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing as Bree; I initially thought of sconces of either side. Or maybe some more decorative mirrors each side? Don't know. Thanks for the pictures. They look great!

Jennifer said...

It's me, again. I was just looking at your kitchen again, and I have to say it looks like something out of a magazine! It really is gorgeous, Hill. Good job. And, maybe square mirrors with the black finish? Don't know.